On October 10th 2018, the Symposium “Cyber Security: fighting the crime of the twenty-first century” takes place. This Symposium is organized by Asset | Economics and Asset | SBIT, part of one of the largest study associations in Europe and affiliated with Tilburg University. The main goal of the event is to raise awareness about the impact of Cyber Security on our society. Cyber Security will be discussed on the cutting edge of Economics and Information Management.
11:30 - 12:30 PwC Lunch
12:30 - 12:50 Opening by the Chairman of the Day
12:50 - 13:30 Philips
13:30 - 14:10 Deloitte
14:10 - 14:55 Break
14:55 - 15:40 EY
15:40 - 15:45 Opening PwC Panel discussion
15:45 - 16:45 PwC Panel discussion
16:45 - 16:55 Closing note by the Chairman of the Day
17:00 - 18:00 Closing drinks
Previous editions focussed on “disruptive technology” (e.g. Big Data and Blockchain). We want to focus on a topic that does not only get positive attention but also a topic which is a concern of our society. We believe that Cyber Security really matches this profile and we think that we can discuss Cyber Security from different angles:
- We want to start with raising awareness about the damage cybercrime can do towards companies by letting an affected company tell their story.
- We present the complete opposite of the victim; an ethical hacker (he or she will explain a potential hackers approach).
- A consultant who helped a lot of companies to prevent attacks will provide insight in how she/he does that.
- And the last speaker will be a representative of the Dutch government.
This is an outline of what we would like to discuss in the symposium. However, we are open for suggestions of the experts. Apart from the topic within Cyber Security which the speaker discusses, we also want to allow the submission of questions and create discussions via a mobile app to make it an interactive session. In this way we want to create interaction with the audience.
- Took place on October 10, 12.30h
- Registration Deadline
- October 08, 00:00h
- Tilburg University
Tel: 013 466 2998
Bas van Gils - Strategy Alliance
Steff Hoffman - Philips
Jeroen van der Meer - EY